Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yea! sew night. We didn't have any finishes but plenty of great projects.

This Sunbonnet Sue block is one that Helen is making for her great granddaughter from cloths that her daughter(helen's) made for the little girl.  She said she can't find her other blocks but knows they are in her sewing room.

Another Sunbonnet Sue.  Betty does such good hand work.  This panel is the center for a quilt she is doing. 

Marilyn is working on these blocks.  It was a night for hand work. 
Lana brought this top and her pattern to show us how to make this.  Wow! I don't know who comes up with these idea.  It is a creative way to cut fabric to get this pattern.  I can't wait to try it. 



Kenda is fixing up a pair of her jeans to look like the really expensive ones.  She will finish sewing these flowers on then use studs and bling on them.

Pretty dang cute, I think.

Shannons natavity wool work piece is going to be beautiful.  If you have been following the blog you have seen it grow. 

I brought  some tube strips that I am hoping to make into a lap size quilt.  the blocks won't be in this order but here are the ones I have cut.

these are shannons black and white blocks for quilt guild block of the month. 

As soft as this looks it feels even softer.  Donna is making this from left over yarn.

I hope you enjoyed our sew night.  We are starting to really look forward to the classes being up for the Quilt Walk.  Soon.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love those Sun Bonnet Sues! It is so great that you share these nights with everybody Miss Jan!
    A special hello to Lana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice and creative keep up the great work and keep sharing... have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Fun!! I wish I had ladies around here to sew with cause a Sewing night would be so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Sunbonnet Sue's. I have always adored them.
    Beautiful embroidery.
    Everything is so lovely. I look forward to your posts, love to see what everyone is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These projects are beautiful.
    I really need to learn to sew.
    Love the work!

    ReplyDelete