Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I just can't let 1-11-11 go by without posting. This was my first completed quilt.

I made this for my son who rode barebacks at rodeo's all around the country.  I had always wanted to do a lone star.  This one quickly cured me of that.  Oh my, it was not easy and in fact Claudia finished this star for me.  It was a fun quilt to do other than that.  Sorry the colors are bad but it is a grey day today.

I used the flash on this one but don't know if it better or worse.  This is the same pattern but in a different size as the boots on Dianne's quilt from yesterday.
Tomorrow night is sew night and I can hardly wait.  I don't know what project I will take but I can tell you one thing for sure there are plenty of UFO's to choose from.  I have been dutifully putting the fat quarter BOM in a safe place to work on when I have the inspiration to do the cutting.  It is such a cute pattern and the Kate Spain fabric is really great but I just can't seem to get going.
I hope you are all able to stay warm and sew. 
Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I look at your blog and your quilts all the time. You are so dang talented. Thank you for sharing your creations.

    I couldn't stop by and not comment on the flash/no flash picture observation you made because this is something I struggle with every single time I take pictures of projects and fabric. I prefer no flash, but gosh... sometimes that just doesn't make the colors look quite right. However, when I turn on the flash, the colors are wrong the other way. The trick is to take the pics outside right after the sun goes down. Okay... so we are only supposed to take pictures in the spring and summer? I swear, this is a battle I am forever losing.

    Anyway, I love this quilt (flash and no flash picture!). Was it really the first quilt you ever made? If so, I am amazed at the depth of your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice you do excellent work... thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete