Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Normal Days, I do love my normal even, to some boring days..

I saw this quote over on Melissa's site and it just hit so close to home  to remind us we should treasure these.  It seems we don't value them until we are in crisis of some sort.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure
you are.
Let me learn from you and bless you before
you depart.
Let me not pass you by in a quest for some
rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may for it may not
always be so....."  Mary Jane Iron

All to often we spend our time like Dr. Seuss said in his book The Places You'll Go

"Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting."

I wait for sew night to do my block of the month or for something I ordered to get here before I sew or scrapbook or whatever. Waiting for to bind the quilt before I get out another project.  I am trying to do better and not play the waiting game quite so much.

For those of us going through the loss of a loved one, faced with an illness, changes we don't want and some we do  we  remember our normal days as a treasure and pray for them to come again.

I saw over on Lori's site she is having a fabulous giveaway oh her patterns.  If you haven't seen her patterns they are works of art.  Go on over and look at her site. lori's blog

Her patterns are applique and they are so intricate. 
enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. When things get complicated, I always long for normal days.
    And how to wait peacefully seems to be the #1 thing I am to learn right now. Your words are a great reminder that we all have so much in common.

    ReplyDelete