Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 25, 2013

Brenda Bailey--of Pie Plate Patterns



Brenda agreed to share with us her quilts and how she
got here with her quilting. 

"I have always loved working with fabric and got a degree in Home Economics at Utah State University.  I made a lot of my children s clothes and made a few quilts as 
well.  When my daughter, Bonnie, was attending Snow College we decided it would be fun to take a class 
together.  There was an evening quilting class, so we 
signed 
up.  


There were a few things that I learned that made it all so much easier, that I put together a 6 week beginning class that I taught in our Community Ed program. I wanted 
to share what I had learned with others.  I have taught that class over and over and am still teaching it.  
That first class evolved into other classes and Tammy German, one of the first students, and I eventually became partners and started Pie Plate Patterns.  We published 
our first patterns in 2006.  Several years later, she sold her share of the business to my daughter Bonnie.
we have since published 10 quilt pattern books and 
numerous 

patterns. 

 Bens Boots
We have taught at Quilt Walk for the last 4 or 5 years and it is one of our favorite places to teach.  We love everything about it, but especially the people that we 
get to meet.  It is a thrill to see one of our patterns made up and on display there. 

Our goal is to share what we love and help others be
 successful so they will 
loveHome Run
it too!
I am the mother of 7 and grandmother of 18."

No comments:

Post a Comment