Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 14, 2013

3.14 Pie for pi day.



pi day.  The day we all learn to find the circumference of a circle or make a pie.  I could give you the formula for finding the circumference for a circle but you have to mix numbers with letters and well I would rather make pie.  
Compared to my family; mom, grandmothers, aunts etc.  I can’t brag too much about my skills in the kitchen.
Many years ago my Grandma Mac gave me a recipe for pie crust she said even I could not mess up.  I have been using it ever since.

Grandma Mac’s Never Fail Pie Crust

Work together until like meal
1 cup flour
1 stick margarine
Add ¼ cup milk and knead lightly.
Roll out on a floured board.
Makes 2 crusts.




I am going to give you one of my Grandma Mac’s recipes.  Sorry I didn't make this today to get pictures (found this one online) this was my dad’s favorite pie.  I never see this pie anymore so I am thinking it is a “vintage pie”     

Grandma Mac’s Raisin Cream Pie—I lost my copy of the recipe I  got this from Ann Dalton.

½ cup water
1 cup raisins
¼ teaspoons salt
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons corn starch
1 ½ cup cream
Combine raisins and water, simmer 10 minutes.  Blend sugar, cornstarch and salt, stir into raisins.  Cook until clear, cool and add vanilla and sour cream.  Blend well and pour into pie crust.  Cover with second pie crust.  Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment