Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Don't you just love these wonky stars?!!

This is Emily Baileys first class for this years festival.  This class will be Friday evening.  What a fun time to take this class.  Class is called I'm a Maverick Star.

Emily is so good with scrappy quilts.  All day Saturday she is teaching this amazing quilt.  I saw this pattern last year at Quilts Etc.  and thought it was one for the list.    Doesn't the name Breath just feel right for it.  How did you come up with the name Emily?

This is the first time I have seen it in color.  Love it.  This black and white with red is so classy.


I asked Emily to tell use a little about herself 
 "Last year was my first year at Panguitch and it was great! Everyone is so kind. I went by myself but never felt alone. I made many new friends and it was wonderful.


I have been sewing for as long as I can remember. My mom gave me my first machine when I was in the fifth grade. One that she had won in the state fair for a dress she had sewn for me. I have many found memories sewing on that machine. In high school I took marketing and fashion merchandising along with sewing classes. I had high hopes of becoming a fashion designer. But those plans changed when I met my hubby and had three sons. Sewing for little boys got boring pretty fast when they no longer thought knickers and sailor suits were cool. So I took up quilting. I was hooked immediately. I started designing and selling patterns by accident. When my baby went to kindergarten I needed something to fill my time. I started sewing displays for a local shop. After showing the owner a quilt of my own design she asked me to make it into a pattern to sell in the shop. I did this a couple of times then started selling to other shops. It has been very rewarding for me to meet shop owners, teach classes and meet wonderful quilters. I think they are some of the most caring and generous people. I feel very blessed to be among them. I am currently on the Utah Quilt Guild board over charity quilts. This is keeping me busy doing what I love and lets me meet a lot more talented quilters.

My mom has always been a inspiration to me. She has encouraged me to develope my talents. I am so thankful for her example and support. My dear hubby, three sons and darling daughter help me any way they can. I appreciate their input and love when one of them joins me in my sewing room. "

This is one of Emily's classes from last year.  So cute.  The pattern is
Snips and Snails meets Sugar and Spice by Emily
This next one is the harvest sky class she taught last year also.  These are pictures of students progress.  I love seeing these in different fabrics.




4 comments:

  1. What fun quilts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the Breath quilt. It makes me want to pull out material instead of paper;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the pink, brown and cream coloured quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the colors in that wonky star quilt! I am a very, very beginning quilter, but I love looking at beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete