Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 21, 2014

Lisa Brothman, Here's what she had to say about quilting and Quilt Walk....

"I started quilting in 1988 when I realized I had to do something with the scraps I had left after making clothing.  The first quilt I completed was a Log Cabin in a Day quilt for my brother & his new wife.  The day of the class, most people finished 5 or 6 blocks.  I had limited time, so I really went at it and got 15 blocks done!  After I moved to Utah, I became more involved in quilting and the quilting community.  I started teaching about fifteen years ago, and have taught at local quilt shops, Quilt Fest, Winter Quilt Retreat (Bryce) and at Quilt Walk.  I've also taught in Arizona.  I've won numerous ribbons for my quilts in various shows around the West.  My big love is using my sewing machine, so I'm happiest when I'm playing with fabric and my power tools.
This is only my second time teaching at the QW.  The last time, I had such a good time--I loved the quilts, vendors and all the people who were there helping.  I missed last year because I was out of town, but I hope the students will welcome me back!

My classes are Charlie Brown and Scrappy Staircase.  I've included a couple of photos of Scrappy Staircase blocks, showing just a couple of the different ways it can be put together.  Charlie Brown can also be swapped around for different settings.  I encourage my students to have fun with the class and maybe teach me something new!"




1 comment: