Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 4, 2011

This is my favorite verse of the Star Spangled Banner.


Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand



Between their loved home and the war's desolation!


Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land


Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.


Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,


And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."


And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave


O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Thanks to our troops who through the years have given so much for our country.  How do you repay that?
I have to tell you I got a new phone with a great camera on it, I think.  Over the weekend we attended the Stadium of Fire in Provo, Utah.  It was awesome but I thought why take the camera when I can take the pictures with my phone.   Sure enough I got some ok pictures, I emailed them to myself from the phone and they never showed up.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong but I am sure it is simple.  Just not to me.
So just to let you know, no pictures today but my granddaughter did an awesome job as one of the Stadium of Fire Dancers.  My girls have been doing this for about 8 years now and it is lots of hard work but worth it for the preformance. 

I always love the flyover.  Planes from Hill Airforce base do a flyby each year.  It is one of my favorite parts.  When my oldest two were growning up we lived in an area where jets from 3 different bases would fly over.  We loved seeing them. 

I got a little teary at the presentation of the colors.  My dad and his generation were vetrans of  WWII.  We were raised with patriotism.  I am not sure that we will see that level of patriotism in this country again.  However, at SOF there were 50,000 people who were showing patriotism like you seldom see any more. 
And BTW Brad Paisley put on a great show
Sorry for no pictures.  I have no idea where they went.
Enjoy your 4th of July!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment