Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Remember the awesome free motion quilting class last year?


Lisa is coming back for an advanced class.  
Lisa replied to my request 
for info on her classes.

"I have been traveling quite a bit lately and never seem to catch up!  Most of the time I have spent in Tucson, Arizona.  In March, Sandy Varley and I did the Southern Arizona Quilt Shop Hop.  There were ten shops covering a wide area, but we hit them all!  One shop gives you a birthday discount, and I was able to take advantage of it J.  Then at the beginning of April, I attended an Empty Spools Seminar in Pacific Grove, CA.  I took a week-long class from Teresa Hodgson, who taught color, design and interesting ways to piece curves so they come out nice & smooth.  Maybe I’ll be able to show my project from that class, if I get it done.


This will be my second year teaching at Quilt Walk, and I’m looking forward to it!  I had a lot of fun last year, and I thought it had a good “vibe”.  I taught my “regular” free-motion machine quilting class last year, and this year I will be teaching an advanced free motion class.  It’s kind of an extension of my first class, and one that was requested by some of those students.  We’ll work with patterns, different threads, decorative stitches, and do some bobbin work.  I can say that everybody who took the class last time I taught it enjoyed their time and learned a lot.


The other class I’m teaching is a quilt I called “Contempotangles”.  It’s a modern twist on a rectangle quilt.  The one that is pictured is HUGE, about 93” x 103”.  You can make your quilt as big or small as desired.  As with all my “project” classes, I have you cut just a few blocks-worth before class."



1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an awesome class. I have only done free motion quilting on a couple of purses I had made.
    Those quilts are stunning.

    ReplyDelete