Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bountiful Harvest

I picked up my bountiful basket this morning and it was full of goodies.  there were even some apple pears in it.  I have never seen those before but can't wait to try them.  I also got some peaches from up north that were the best I have had in, I don't know how long.  I have been just slicing and eating one or more a day. 
The apples have been good, but I always expect them to be.  Oh and speaking of slicing and eating,  Kelly gave me a box of tomatoes and between a batch of salsa made by Holly and just plain eating them they are almost gone.  We have had a good hard frost here, so I think that is the end of our harvest.  I still have some carrots in the ground but that is it. 
I can't say I am looking forward to winter we had some snow on Tuesday.  It didn't stick but it was definitely a flurry.
I hope you are all enjoying the harvest and fall season. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment